This tutorial is for Mac only - a Windows version is coming soon.
💡 The rest of this tutorial will assume you have BlackHole installed
💡 If you need to use multiple outputs in your music setup, for when example you want to listen music through your speakers while you want to output to Volta, you’ll need a Multi-Output Device. Here’s how to set it up for Mac with Blackhole
2. Plug in your DJ controller via USB and ensure that is working as expected already
3. Create an Aggregate Audio Device
💡 In order to be able to send the Main Output of Traktor to Volta while also being able to monitor the Cue Output of Traktor via the headphone jack of your DJ mixer, it is necessary to create an ‘Aggregate Audio Device’ on your MacAggregate Audio Devices are virtual audio devices which appear as another ‘soundcard’ in music software, but can actually be a combination of various other soundcards on your computer
1. Go to Settings > Audio Setup
2. Select your newly created Aggregate Audio Device from the Audio Device dropdown
3. Go to the Output Routing panel in Settings
4. Select the channels which correspond to the master output of your DJ controller (e.g. channels 0+1) for the Output Master
5. Select the channels which correspond to the headphone output (e.g. channels 2+3) for the Output Monitor
6. Select the channels which correspond to the BlackHole channels (e.g. channels 4+5) for the Output Record
7. Check the main and headphone outputs of your DJ controller are working as expected
1. Go to Settings > Audio
2. Select BlackHole 2ch from the Input Device dropdown
Do you still have questions?
Please feel free to contact us, and we'll be happy to help clear things up for you.