Volta can receive OSC from other applications and hardware, and use it to control the visuals in your Play Pack. Here’s how to set it up:
💡 OSC (Open Sound Control) is a way that software programs can talk to each other.
💡 Some examples of software/hardware that uses OSC: Ableton Live, Max, Max for Live, TouchOSC, Elgato Stream Deck, QLab
1. To access the OSC settings in Volta, navigate to Settings > OSC
2. Make sure you have at least one OSC connection available. If there are none in the list, click Add
3. Copy the number displayed inside the Receive Port field on one of the rows (e.g. 62004)
4. Open the app you want to use to send OSC data into Volta (for example Touch OSC)
5. Paste the number you copied from step 3 into the Send Port section of the other application
6. In Volta, hold down Shift and click on the Slider or Trigger you would like to control on the Play Panel in Volta
7. A message like the below should appear at the bottom of the screen
8. Move the control from the other application or device which sends OSC to Volta
9. The Slider or Trigger should automatically become linked to the OSC control you sent from the other application
💡 Messages that include /note at the end of their address (for example, /myOSCParam/note) will be shown in the right-click menu for Trigger buttons on the Play Panel. All other messages (such as /myOSCParam) will be displayed in the right-click menu for Sliders on the Play Panel.
Do you still have questions?
Please feel free to contact us, and we'll be happy to help clear things up for you.