Syncing visuals to the tempo makes them look much more responsive to the music. Here’s how to do it:
1. Set your tempo manually in Settings > Audio > Tempo or with Ableton Link following this tutorial. Now, you can start mapping your visuals to the tempo in the next steps.
2. Click Edit in the Top Navigation bar to access ‘Edit Mode’
3. In Edit Mode, navigate to the World Tab
4. Select any Element, Visual source or Global effect you want to map from the List at the left.
5. Click on the 🔗 icon of the parameter you want to map at the Inspector on the right side of the screen. A dropdown menu will open.
6. Select "Link" from the Menu and select the option you want to map to from the dropdown menu.
7. Now play some music and see how it’s affected by Tempo.
Do you still have questions?
Please feel free to contact us, and we'll be happy to help clear things up for you.